Saturday, October 18, 2008

Schooling Show II

Pandora did awesome today. Two trot-a-pole hunter classes. 6th in the first class, 1st in the second. First class was nervous, champing at the bit, reverting a bit to the head-tucking behavior (to be expected since pretty much all horses have a 'fallback behavior' that they go to when they're stressed out), rushing, pushing against my leg. Second class was way better - steady, smooth, calm. I was quite pleased!

Overall she behaved herself very well. Once her turn was done and I was riding McKinna, Pandora just stood quietly at the trailer and chowed through her flakes of hay, then proceeded to eat almost all of McKinna's too! She was quite calm.

She has put on a lot of weight and is looking SO much better. She's all shiny and wonderful, you can hardly see a shadow of her ribs, and her topline/hip area has way filled out. I will do a picture-only post of her soon, I have a bunch of pictures saved that I need to upload.

2 comments:

Leah Fry said...

I can't wait to see her. So, have you decided yet if you'll keep her?

manymisadventures said...

I will post pictures later today or tomorrow.

It's basically impossible to say. It depends on a whole slew of factors - what the horse market is like, how much she is worth/how much I can sell her for, how well we click over the next several months, how much talent/potential she has...when it comes down to it, I don't know her that well and I've hardly ridden her. We will just have to wait and see :) At this point, the plan is still to sell her. I am open to a change in that plan if she turns out to be The One, but there are lots of very good horses out there and I am patient enough to find those diamonds in the rough.